Posts Tagged ‘Rigoberto Ramirez’
Posted by Chris Emami on March 22, 2013
I was working on a database of the part affiliation of all Orange County local elected officials. Finally, I have completed the project with all of the special districts and county seats being added. I also fixed some errors in the previous versions (here, here, and here) and have combined the database into one post.
We have added a button on the menu bar for our readers to always be able to access this database and use it for whatever research/political needs that they may have. Due to the length of th epost you are going to have to click the below link to read the rest of the post.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in 1st Supervisorial District, 2nd Supervisorial District, 3rd Supervisorial District, 4th Supervisorial District, 5th Supervisorial District, Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim City School District, Anaheim Union High School District, Brea, Brea Olinda Unified School District, Buena Park, Buena Park Library District, Buena Park School District, Capistrano Bay Community Services District, Capistrano Unified School District, Centralia School District, Coast Community College District, Costa Mesa, Costa Mesa Sanitary District, Cypress, Cypress School District, Dana Point, East Orange County Water District, El Toro Water District, Emerald Bay Service District, Fountain Valley, Fountain Valley School District, Fullerton, Fullerton Joint Union High School District, Fullerton School District, Garden Grove, Garden Grove Unified School District, Huntington Beach, Huntington Beach City School District, Huntington Beach Union High School District, Irvine, Irvine Ranch Water District, Irvine Unified School District, La Habra, La Habra City School District, La Palma, Laguna Beach, Laguna Beach Unified School District, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Los Alamitos Unified School District, Lowell Joint School District, Magnolia School District, Mesa Consolidated Water District, Midway City Sanitary District, Mission Viejo, Moulton-Niguel Water District, Municipal Water District of Orange County, Newport Beach, Newport-Mesa Unified School District, North Orange County Community College District, Ocean View School District, Orange, Orange County, Orange County Auditor-Controller, Orange County Board of Education, Orange County Board of Supervisors, Orange County Clerk-Recorder, Orange County District Attorney's Office, Orange County Water District, Orange Unified School District, Placentia, Placentia Library District, Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District, Rancho Santa Margarita, Rancho Santiago Community College District, Saddleback Valley Unified School District, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Santa Ana Unified School District, Santa Margarita Water District, Savanna School District, Seal Beach, Serrano Water District, Silverado-Modjeska Recreation and Park District, South Coast Water District, South Orange County Community College District, Stanton, Sunset Beach Sanitary District, Surfside Colony Community Services District, Surfside Colony Storm Water Protection District, Three Arch Bay Community Services District, Trabuco Canyon Water District, Tustin, Tustin Unified School District, Villa Park, Westminster, Westminster School District, Yorba Linda, Yorba Linda Water District | Tagged: Adam Nick, Al Jabaar, Al Mijares, Al Murray, Al Salehi, Al Shkoler, Alan Anderson, Alexa Deligianni, Alexander A. Ethans, Alfred A. Coletta, Alisa Cutchen, Allan Bernstein, Allan P. Krippner, Amy Hanacek, Amy Walsh, Anastasia Shackelford, Andrew Blount, Andrew Nguyen, Andy Montoya, Andy Quach, Angelica Amezcua, Anna Bryson, Anna L. Piercy, Annemarie Randle-Trejo, Anthony Petros, Arianna Barrios, Arlene Schafer, Art Brown, Art Perry, Audrey Yamagata Noji, Bao Quoc Nguyen, Barbara Dunsheath, Barbara J. Clendineng, Barbara Kogerman, Barbara L. Kilponen, Barbara Michel, Barbara Quintana, Bert Hack, Beth Krom, Beth Swift, Betsy Jenkins, Betty Escobosa, Betty H. Olson, Beverly Berryman, Bill Brough, Bill Hall, Bill Hinz, Bill Jay, Bill Kahlert, Bob Baker, Bob Gardner, Bob Harden, Bob Moore, Bob Whalen, Bonnie P. Castrey, Brad McGirr, Brad Reese, Brandon Jones, Brett Murdock, Brett R. Barbre, Brian Chambers, Brian Donahue, Brian Nakamura, Brian O'Neal, Brian Rechsteiner, Brian S. Probolsky, Bridget Kaub, Bruce Broadwater, Bruce Whitaker, Candi Kern, Carlos Olvera, Carmen Cave, Carol Downey, Carol Gamble, Carol Sundman, Carol Warren, Carrie Buck, Cathy Green, Cathy Schlict, Cecilia Iglesias, Celia Jaffe, Chad Wanke, Chalynn Peterson, Charles Gibson, Charley Wilson, Cheryl Brothers, Chris Brown, Chris Hamm, Chris Phan, Chris Thompson, Christina Shea, Christine Marick, Chuck Puckett, Claudia Alvarez, Cliff E. Breddon Jr., Connie Boardman, Constance Underhill, Craig Green, Craig Young, Cynthia Conners, Dana Black, Darin Barber, Dave Leckness, Dave Sullivan, David A. Boyer, David B. Lang, David Benavides, David Boyd, David Bridgewaters, David Brooks, David Giese, David Grant, David Gutierrez, David John Shawver, David W. Sloan, Dean Grose, Debbie Cotton, Deborah Pauly, Denis Bilodeau, Denis R. Bilodeau, Dennis Salts, Dennis Walsh, Derek Reeve, Diana Carey, Diana Fascenelli, Diana Hill, Diane Singer, Dick Dietmier, Dina Nguyen, Dolores Winchell, Don Sedgwick, Donald Froelich, Donald Karich, Donna Miller, Dore Gilbert, Doug Bailey, Doug Chaffee, Doug Davert, Douglas J Reinhart, Duane Dishno, Dwight Robinson, Edward A. Erdtsieck, Edward D. Selich, Elizabeth Gapp, Elizabeth Minter, Elizabeth Parker, Elizabeth Pearson, Ellen Addonizio, Ellery Deaton, Eric Padget, Esther H. Wallace, Ethan Temianka, Francine Pace Scinto, Frank Bryant, Frank Cobo, Frank Ury, Fred Bockmiller, Fred Smith, Fred W. Schambeck, Fred Whitaker, G. Henry Charoen, Gail Eastman, Gail Lyons, Gary A. Miller, Gary Kurtz, Gary Melton, Gary Monahan, Gary Pritchard, Gary Rubel, Gavin Huntley-Fenner, Gayle Carline, Gayle Mueller Winnen, Gene Hernandez, George West, Gerard Goedhart, Gerri Lee Graham-Mejia, Gina Clayton, Ginny Aitkens, Glenn Acosta Ed Mandich, Glenn Parker, Gordon A. Shanks, Graham Hoad, Greg Bates, Greg Mills, Greg Sebourn, Gregory F. Griffin, Helen Lee, Helen Walker, Hilda Sugarman, Ian Collins, Irv Trinkle, J. Scott Schoeffel, Jack Bedell, James "Jim" Gomez, James Atkinson, James H. Laird, James Vanderbilt, James Wright, Jamison Power, Jan Flory, Jan Vickers, Janet Nguyen, Janny Meyer, Jeanne Galindo, Jeff Cole, Jeff Lalloway, Jeff Thomas, Jeffrey Barke, Jeffrey P. Brown, Jeffrey T. Rips, Jennifer Fitzgerald, Jennifer McGrath, Jerard B. Werner, Jeremy B. Yamaguchi, Jerry L Haight C.L. Larry Pharris Jr., Jerry McCloskey, Jerry Patterson, Jerry Slusiewicz, Jesse Petrilla, Jill Hardy, Jim Bell, Jim Evert, Jim Ferryman, Jim Fisler, Jim Haselton, Jim Katapodis, Jim Moreno, Jim Reardon, Jim Righeimer, Jimmy Templin, Joan C. Finnegan, Joan Flynn, Joanne Baade, Joe Aguirre, Joe Carchio, Joe Rollino, Joe Shaw, Joel Rattner, John A. McDermott II, John Alpay, John Anderson, John B. Withers, John Briscoe, John Collins, John Dobson, John Dulebohn, John Hanna, John J. Collins, John Marconi, John Moorlach, John Nielsen, John Ortega, John Ortiz, John Palacio, John Taylor, John Woods, Jonathan W. Abelove, Jordan Brandman, Jose F. Moreno, Jose Hernandez, Jose Solorio, Jose Vergara, Joy L. Neugebauer, Judi Carmona, Judith A. Franco Walt Davenport, Judith Edwards, Karen Russell, Karen Yelsey, Karin M. Freeman, Katherine Smith, Kathryn L. Barr, Kathryn McCullogh, Kathy Iverson, Kathy Moffat, Katrina Foley, Keith D. Curry, Kelly H. Boyd, Ken Williams, Keri Ueberroth, Ketta Brown, Kevin Hobby, Kirk E. Bell, Kris Beard, Kris Murray, L. Carole Jensen, Lan Quoc Nguyen, Larry Agran, Larry D. Dick, Larry Kramer, Larry McKenney, Larry R. Lizotte, Laura Parisi, Lauren Brooks, Laurie Davies, Lawrence R. Labrado, Leonard L. Lahtinen, Leroy Mills, Leslie Daigle, Linda Habermehl, Linda Lindholm, Linda Navarro/Edwards, Linda Paulsen-Reed, Linda R. Weinstock, Lisa A. Bartlett, Lisa Collins, Lisa Jordan, Lisette Chel-Walker, Liz Steves, Lori Donchak, Lorraine Prinsky, Lucille Kring, Lynn Hatton, Lynn R. Davis, Lynn Thornley, Manny Ontiveros, Marcia Milchiker, Margie L. Rice, Margie Rice, Mariellen Yarc, Marilyn Buchi, Mark D. Wayland, Mark McCurdy, Mark Murphy, Mark Schwing, Mark Taylor, Martha Fluor, Marty Simonoff, Mary Aileen Matheis, Mary Fuhrman, Mary Hornbuckle, Mary Mangold, Mary Murphy, Matt Disston, Matt Harper, Meg Cutuli, Megan Harding, Melody Carruth, Michael Condiff, Michael F. Henn, Michael Farrell, Michael H. Simons, Michael J. Beverage, Michael Levitt, Michael Matsuda, Michael Maynard, Michael Parham, Michael Vo, Michele Martinez, Miguel Pulido, Mike Alvarez, Mike Blazey, Mike Munzing, Mike Safranski, Mike Scheafer, Miller Oh, Milton W. Robbins, Molly McClanahan, Nancy Gardner, Nancy Padberg, Nathan Zug, Nelida Yanez, Noel Hatch, Nora Straight, Pat Bates, Patricia "Trish" Kelley, Patricia Ganer, Patrick Melia, Patrick Ochoa, Paul Bokota, Peer A. Swan, Peter Herzog, Peter Kim, Phil Hawkins, Philip L. Anthony, Phillip B. Tsunoda, Phillip E. Yarbrough, Prakash Narain, Randal Bressette, Rebecca Gomez, Rhoads Martin, Rhonda Reardon, Ric Collett Jon H. Regnier, Richard B. Bell, Richard Barnett, Richard DeVecchio, Richard E. Barrett, Richard Freschi, Richard Murphy, Richard Runge, Richard S. Fiore, Rick Erkeneff, Rick Kiley, Rick Ledesma, Rigoberto Ramirez, Rob Johnson, Rob Richardson, Robert "Bob" Ring, Robert A. Singer, Robert Hammond, Robert Hendler, Robert Ming, Robert N. Hathaway, Robert Ooten, Rodney Todd, Roger C. Yoh, Roger Faubel, Roman Reyna, Ron Joseph Garcia, Ron Shepston, Ronald Casey, Rose Espinoza, Rosemary Saylor, Ross Chun, Roy Byrnes, Roy Moore, Rush Hill, Sal Tinajero, Sam Allevato, Samuel Van Hamblen, Sandi Baltes, Sandra Crandall, Sandra Hutchens, Sandra Jacobs, Sandy Blumberg, sandy genis, Scott Colton, Scott Goldman, Scott O Davis, Scott Voigts, Scott William Nelson, Sergio Contreras, Shari Freidenrich, Shari Kowalke, Sharon H. Brown, Sharon Wallin, Shawn Dewane, Shawn Nelson, Stephen R. Sheldon, Steve Baric, Steve Berry, Steve Blount, Steve Dicterow, Steve Harris, Steve Hwangbo, Steve Jones, Steve Mensinger, Steve Nagel, Steve Shanahan, Steven Choi, Steven E. LaMar, Steven H. Weinberg, Susan Henry, Susan Hinman, Suzie Swartz, Tammie K. Bullard, Ted F. Martin, Teresa Hampson, Theresa O'Hare, Thomas Prendergrast, Tim Brown, Tim Jemal, Tim Shaw, Tim Surridge, Tita Smith, Todd Spitzer, Tom Beamish, Tom Lindsey, Tom Smisek, Tom Tait, Tony Beall, Tony Iseman, Tony Rackauckas, Tracy L. Pellman, Tri Ta, Troy Edgar, Tyler M. Diep, Valeri Peters Wagner, Van Jew, Victor J. Kriss, Vince Sarmiento, Warren Kusumoto, Wayne A. Clark, Wayne Osborne, Wayne Rayfield, Webster Guillory, Wendy Leece, William "Bill" Phillips, William Brutton, William C. Poe, William H. Kahn, William Landsiedel, William R. Hart, William VanderWerff, Woody Rickerl | 5 Comments »
Posted by Chris Nguyen on December 17, 2012
There were a lot of vacancies this year. Three countywide posts and one school board seat remain vacant. All salaries noted below are base pay.
Four of Orange County’s eight countywide posts went vacant during 2012.
- Orange County Clerk-Recorder: Tom Daly (D) vacated the seat this month to become the 69th District’s State Assemblyman. Numerous candidates have either expressed interest behind the scenes or are rumored to be interested; none have made public statements. The job pays $139,256.40 (that extra 40 cents won’t even get you enough postage to send a letter). Apply online here by January 15.
- Orange County Auditor-Controller: David Sundstrom (R) vacated the seat in January to become Sonoma County Auditor-Controller-Treasurer-Tax Collector (yes, that really is a single office in Sonoma County). The job pays $173,097.60 per year (that 60 cents is crucial). Apply online here by January 15.
- Orange County Public Administrator: John Williams (R) resigned in January or February depending on how you interpret his resignation, un-resignation, and re-resignation saga. Former Assemblyman Ken Lopez-Maddox (R), who is also a former Garden Grove Councilman and former Capistrano Unified School District Board Member, is the first to publicly throw his hat in the ring. (12/19 Update:The previous sentence was ambiguously worded, so to clarify, Lopez-Maddox is running for the seat in the regularly scheduled June 2014 election but has not indicated if he will apply for the appointment.) The job pays $30,000 per year (but the Board of Supervisors frequently consolidates it with the more lucrative appointed post of Public Guardian). Apply online here by January 15.
- Orange County Superintendent of Schools: Bill Habermehl (R) vacated the seat in June, deciding it was time for him to retire. Seven of the eight countywide posts are filled by the County Board of Supervisors when there’s a vacancy. This is the eighth post, and the County Board of Education appointed Al Mijares (R) to fill the seat. The job pays $287,500 per year.
Many people have argued Clerk-Recorder, Auditor-Controller, Public Administrator, and various other County posts should be appointed by the Board of Supervisors instead of elected positions. Good luck with that. Just six months ago, 60.5% of Orange County voters rejected making Public Administrator an appointed position.
They move with great speed to fill Council vacancies in Little Saigon.
- Garden Grove City Council: Bruce Broadwater (D) vacated the seat this month to become Mayor of Garden Grove. Minutes after Broadwater became Mayor, the Council held the vote to fill his newly-vacated Council seat. New Councilman Chris Phan moved to nominate the November election’s 3rd place finisher, Phat Bui, but he failed to get a second on his nomination. Councilwoman Dina Nguyen (R) moved and Councilman Steve Jones (R) seconded the nomination of defeated Councilman Kris Beard (D), who came in 4th in the election, and the Council voted unanimously to appoint Beard to the seat. Beard was out of office for mere minutes. The job pays $8,093 per year.
- Westminster City Council: Tri Ta (R) vacated the seat this month to become Mayor of Westminster. In stunningly rapid fashion, the Westminster City Council left his seat vacant for mere minutes before appointing Margie Rice (R) after Ta replaced Rice as Mayor. In other words, Ta and Rice simply swapped seats. The jobs pays $10,206 per year.
The County’s smaller cities took a little more time.
- Stanton City Council: Councilman Ed Royce, Sr. (R) vacated his seat for health reasons in February. Rigoberto Ramirez (R) was appointed to fill the seat in March. Ramirez is up for election to a four-year term in 2014. The job pays $10,200 per year.
- Villa Park City Council: Councilman Bob Fauteux (R) passed away in February. Rick Barnett (R) was appointed to fill the seat in March and won election to a four-year term in November with no opponents. The job pays nothing.
For the second time this year, the Anaheim Union High School District Board is filling a vacancy.
- Anaheim Union High School District Board (February): Earlier this year in February, Jan Harp Domene (D) passed away unexpectedly at the age of 60. The board appointed Annemarie Randle-Trejo on a 3-1 vote in April. OC Political covered this process.
- Anaheim Union High School District Board (December): Jordan Brandman (D) vacated the seat this month to become an Anaheim City Councilman. The board will fill his seat early next year. The job pays $9,731.52.
Brandman originally won his AUHSD seat in a February 2008 special election after a petition overturned the appointment of Harald Martin (R), who was selected by the Board to fill the seat left vacant due to the unexpected passing of Denise Mansfield-Reinking (R) in May 2007.
The AUHSD board is on its third vacancy in six years.
- Municipal Water District of Orange County, Division 3: Director Ed Royce, Sr. (R) vacated his seat for health reasons in February. Wayne Osborne (R) was appointed to fill the seat in March and won election to a four-year term in a four-way race in November. The job pays $26,594 per year.
Posted in 69th Assembly District, Anaheim, Garden Grove, Stanton, Villa Park, Orange County, Orange County Board of Education, Orange County Board of Supervisors, Capistrano Unified School District, Anaheim Union High School District, Municipal Water District of Orange County | Tagged: Tom Daly, Margie Rice, Jordan Brandman, David Sundstrom, Jan Harp Domene, Annemarie Randle-Trejo, John Williams, Ed Royce Sr., Rigoberto Ramirez, Bob Fauteux, Rick Barnett, Bill Habermehl, Dina Nguyen, Kris Beard, Steve Jones, Bruce Broadwater, Chris Phan, Richard Barnett, Tri Ta, Ken Lopez-Maddox, Al Mijares, Phat Bui, Denise Mansfield-Reinking, Harald Martin, Wayne Osborne | 3 Comments »
Posted by Chris Emami on November 14, 2012
Chris Nguyen did a great job putting together a local database of all party affiliations for candidates running for local office. I thought that I would take the time to expand on his post and show a database of all Orange County Councilmembers (Also OC Board of Supervisors) that will be serving on City Councils starting next month and what party they are affiliated with.
Please note that a couple of races could potentially change based on a close finish and not all votes being counted. This post will be added to our website in a permanent tab that we will be creating at the top of the site.
Here is the database: Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Dana Point, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, La Habra, La Palma, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Orange, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Tustin, Westminster, Villa Park, Yorba Linda, Orange County Board of Supervisors, 1st Supervisorial District, 2nd Supervisorial District, 3rd Supervisorial District, 4th Supervisorial District, 5th Supervisorial District | Tagged: Leslie Daigle, Joe Carchio, Janet Nguyen, Todd Spitzer, Deborah Pauly, Matt Harper, Lucille Kring, Michele Martinez, John Collins, Jordan Brandman, Miguel Pulido, Vince Sarmiento, Troy Edgar, Brian Donahue, Carol Warren, Shawn Nelson, Gail Eastman, Kris Murray, Tom Tait, Jeff Lalloway, Greg Sebourn, Mark McCurdy, Mike Munzing, Christina Shea, Tim Shaw, Dean Grose, Tony Beall, Denis Bilodeau, David John Shawver, Travis Kiger, Scott Voigts, Sal Tinajero, John Moorlach, Pat Bates, Steven Choi, Doug Chaffee, Steve Hwangbo, Steve Nagel, Jesse Petrilla, Steve Baric, Carol Gamble, Tom Lindsey, John Anderson, Rigoberto Ramirez, Fred Whitaker, Peter Herzog, Tita Smith, Dina Nguyen, Steve Jones, Bruce Broadwater, Dave Leckness, Miller Oh, Jennifer Fitzgerald, Chad Wanke, Joe Aguirre, David Benavides, Bob Baker, Mike Alvarez, Steve Mensinger, Gary Monahan, Steve Shanahan, Andrew Blount, Dore Gilbert, Dave Sullivan, Peter Kim, Mark Schwing, Rob Johnson, Sam Allevato, Melody Carruth, Barbara Kogerman, Carlos Olvera, Bill Brough, Jim Righeimer, Chuck Puckett, John Nielsen, Allan Bernstein, sandy genis, Cheryl Brothers, Jerry McCloskey, Frank Ury, Anthony Petros, Brad McGirr, Craig Young, Roy Byrnes, Cathy Schlict, Adam Nick, Steve Dicterow, Laurie Davies, Robert Ming, Michael Vo, Larry Agran, Beth Krom, Carmen Cave, Ross Chun, William "Bill" Phillips, Roy Moore, Brett Murdock, Christine Marick, Marty Simonoff, Beth Swift, Steve Berry, Art Brown, Leroy Mills, Prakash Narain, Mariellen Yarc, J. Scott Schoeffel, Chris Phan, Connie Boardman, Joe Shaw, Jim Katapodis, Jill Hardy, Elizabeth Pearson, Tony Iseman, Bob Whalen, Randal Bressette, Linda Lindholm, Jerry Slusiewicz, Mike Blazey, Tom Beamish, Rose Espinoza, Bert Hack, Cynthia Conners, Noel Hatch, Gerard Goedhart, Fred Smith, Warren Kusumoto, Richard Murphy, Rhonda Reardon, Don Webb, Nancy Gardner, Constance Underhill, Jim Evert, Tim Brown, Lori Donchak, Chris Hamm, Larry Kramer, John Taylor, Angelica Amezcua, Roman Reyna, Ellery Deaton, Al Murray, Rebecca Gomez, Brad Reese, Diana Fascenelli, Richard Barnett, Greg Mills, Tri Ta, Andy Quach, Sergio Contreras, Diana Carey, Gene Hernandez, Phillip B. Tsunoda, Ron Joseph Garcia, Wendy Leece, Doug Bailey, Lisa A. Bartlett, Steven H. Weinberg, Brice Whitaker, Kelly H. Boyd, James "Jim" Gomez, Robert "Bob" Ring, Milton W. Robbins, Kathryn McCullogh, Dwoght Robinson, G. Henry Charoen, Gerri Lee Graham-Mejia, Patricia "Trish" Kelley, Michael F. Henn, Edward D. Selich, Keith D. Curry, Mark Maurphy, Jeremy B. Yamaguchi, Scott William Nelson, Derek Reeve, Gordon A. Shanks, Michael Levitt, David W. Sloan, Gary A. Miller, Alexander A. Ethans | 14 Comments »
Posted by Chris Nguyen on April 16, 2012
On February 27, Anaheim Union High School District Trustee Jan Harp Domene passed away unexpectedly at home at the age of 60. Elected to a four-year term in 2010, her untimely death left the seat vacant with more than two years remaining on the term.
On March 8, the AUHSD Board of Trustees decided to fill the seat by provisional appointment until the voters fill the seat in November 2012 for the remainder of the term expiring in 2014. The deadline to request an application for the seat was Thursday, March 29, at which point 21 candidates had requested an application. Wednesday, April 11 was the deadline to submit their applications, and 13 candidates did so.
Thursday, April 19 at 6:00 PM is a special meeting of the AUHSD Board of Trustees to allow the public to comment on the 13 candidates. On Wednesday, April 25, at 5:00 PM, the AUHSD Board will hold a special meeting to interview the 13 candidates. The following day, on Thursday, April 26, again at 5:00 PM, the AUHSD Board will hold a special meeting to vote on the appointment. If the board fails to make an appointment by the end of Friday, April 27, the seat will remain vacant until the November 2012 election, when the voters fill the seat for the remainder of the term expiring in 2014.
It will take 3 votes to fill the seat, as the four AUHSD Trustees need a majority vote to fill the fifth seat. The four AUHSD Trustees are Board President Anna Piercy (R-Cypress) and Board Members Jordan Brandman (D-Anaheim), Brian O’Neal (R-La Palma), Katherine Smith (R-Anaheim).
This is the most recent in a series of vacancies in elected office in Orange County in the past three months:
- On January 23, Orange County Public Administrator John Williams’s resignation in a settlement with the County took effect (though he attempted to hang on to the office until February 7). The Supervisors have not filled Williams’s seat, but Measure A has been placed on the June ballot to convert the elected Public Administrator into an appointed position.
- On January 31, Orange County Auditor-Controller David Sundstrom’s resignation to accept a similar position in Sonoma County took effect. The all-Republican OC Board of Supervisors almost appointed Republican Shaun Skelly to the vacancy, but Skelly withdrew. The Supervisors are slated to determine tomorrow on how to proceed on filling Sundstrom’s vacancy.
- On February 1, Stanton Councilman Ed Royce Sr.’s resignation due to ill health took effect. His resignation from the Municipal Water District of Orange County Board of Directors took effect the same day. On March 13, the majority Republican Stanton City Council appointed Republican Rigoberto Ramirez to fill the vacancy. On March 14, the all-Republican Municipal Water District of Orange County Board of Directors appointed Republican Wayne Osborne to fill the vacancy, effective March 21.
- On February 12, Villa Park Councilman Bob Fauteux passed away suddenly at the age of 79. On March 27, the all-Republican Villa Park City Council appointed Republican Rick Barnett to fill the vacancy.
The 13 candidates seeking to fill the vacancy on the Board of the Anaheim Union High School District are:
- John Alvis (D-La Palma), 69, served on the Centralia School District Board of Trustees from 1988-2005 and is currently President of the Kiwanis Club of La Palma and Vice Chair of the La Palma Traffic Safety Committee. In 2006, he came in third out of five candidates for two seats on the La Palma City Council. He also unsuccessfully sought an appointment to the AUHSD board in late 2007 after the untimely death of Denise Mansfield-Reinking. (Harald Martin was appointed to the seat, but petitions forced an early 2008 special election that Jordan Brandman won.)
- Maureen Christensen (R-Anaheim), 48, serves on the Anaheim City School District’s Measure BB Bond Oversight Committee.
- Dominic Daddario (R-Anaheim), 64, is a businessman.
- Helena De Coro (R-Anaheim), 65, is a music professor at Cypress College.
- Lori Dinwiddie (NPP-Buena Park), 44, is the Safety Chair for the PTSAs at both Kennedy High School and Walker Jr. High School.
- Greg Domene (D-Anaheim), 61, is Domene’s widower and works in the computer industry.
- Jackie Filbeck (R-Anaheim), 54, is a Field Representative in Assemblyman Chris Norby’s office, with a long track record as a PTA parent, Anaheim Little League board member, JUSA board member, and NJB board member. She made an unsuccessful bid for the Anaheim City School District Board in 2010.
- Rod Hall (R-Anaheim), 80, is a retired teacher active in the Anaheim Lions Club.
- Kenneth Jenks (R-Buena Park), 57, is an insurance salesman who is active in his church.
- Art Montez (D-Buena Park), 62, is active with LULAC and was a Centralia School District Board Member from 1998 until 2010, when he was defeated for re-election.
- Annemarie Randle-Trejo (D-Anaheim), 49, is a twice-defeated candidate for AUHSD: she came in sixth out of eight candidates in her 2006 bid and third out of four in her 2008 bid. She is a behavior interventionist for the Anaheim City School District.
- Forrest Turpen (R-Anaheim), 74, is West Coast Regional Director for Christian Educators Association International.
- Shanin Ziemer (NPP-Buena Park), 41, is President of the PTA at Buena Terra Elementary School and Cultural Arts Chair of the Fourth District PTA.
The average age of the applicants is 59.
The applicants include 7 Republicans, 4 Democrats, and 2 people registered as No Party Preference (known as Decline-to-State in pre-Prop 14 parlance).
They include 8 Anaheimers, 4 Buena Parkers, and 1 La Palman.
AUHSD includes the entirety of the City of Cypress, along with portions of Anaheim, Buena Park, La Palma and Stanton. AUHSD includes grades 7-12, with K-6 education provided by the Anaheim City School District, Centralia School District, Cypress School District, Magnolia School District, and Savanna School District.
(In the interest of full disclosure, I should note my day job is working in the Fullerton office of Assemblyman Chris Norby. Consequently, one of my co-workers is Jackie Filbeck, who is one of the candidates for the AUHSD seat.)
Posted in Anaheim City School District, Anaheim Union High School District, Centralia School District, Cypress School District, Magnolia School District, Municipal Water District of Orange County, Orange County, Savanna School District, Stanton, Villa Park | Tagged: Annemarie Randle-Trejo, Art Montez, Bob Fauteux, David Sundstrom, Dominic Daddario, Ed Royce Sr., Forrest Turpen, Greg Domene, Helena De Coro, Jackie Filbeck, Jan Harp Domene, John Alvis, John Williams, Kenneth Jenks, Lori Dinwiddie, Maureen Christensen, Rick Barnett, Rigoberto Ramirez, Rod Hall, Shanin Ziemer, Shaun Skelly | 2 Comments »