Posts Tagged ‘Margie Rice’
Posted by Former Blogger Chris Emami on March 22, 2013
I was working on a database of the part affiliation of all Orange County local elected officials. Finally, I have completed the project with all of the special districts and county seats being added. I also fixed some errors in the previous versions (here, here, and here) and have combined the database into one post.
We have added a button on the menu bar for our readers to always be able to access this database and use it for whatever research/political needs that they may have. Due to the length of th epost you are going to have to click the below link to read the rest of the post.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in 1st Supervisorial District, 2nd Supervisorial District, 3rd Supervisorial District, 4th Supervisorial District, 5th Supervisorial District, Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim City School District, Anaheim Union High School District, Brea, Brea Olinda Unified School District, Buena Park, Buena Park Library District, Buena Park School District, Capistrano Bay Community Services District, Capistrano Unified School District, Centralia School District, Coast Community College District, Costa Mesa, Costa Mesa Sanitary District, Cypress, Cypress School District, Dana Point, East Orange County Water District, El Toro Water District, Emerald Bay Service District, Fountain Valley, Fountain Valley School District, Fullerton, Fullerton Joint Union High School District, Fullerton School District, Garden Grove, Garden Grove Unified School District, Huntington Beach, Huntington Beach City School District, Huntington Beach Union High School District, Irvine, Irvine Ranch Water District, Irvine Unified School District, La Habra, La Habra City School District, La Palma, Laguna Beach, Laguna Beach Unified School District, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Los Alamitos Unified School District, Lowell Joint School District, Magnolia School District, Mesa Consolidated Water District, Midway City Sanitary District, Mission Viejo, Moulton-Niguel Water District, Municipal Water District of Orange County, Newport Beach, Newport-Mesa Unified School District, North Orange County Community College District, Ocean View School District, Orange, Orange County, Orange County Auditor-Controller, Orange County Board of Education, Orange County Board of Supervisors, Orange County Clerk-Recorder, Orange County District Attorney's Office, Orange County Water District, Orange Unified School District, Placentia, Placentia Library District, Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District, Rancho Santa Margarita, Rancho Santiago Community College District, Saddleback Valley Unified School District, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Santa Ana Unified School District, Santa Margarita Water District, Savanna School District, Seal Beach, Serrano Water District, Silverado-Modjeska Recreation and Park District, South Coast Water District, South Orange County Community College District, Stanton, Sunset Beach Sanitary District, Surfside Colony Community Services District, Surfside Colony Storm Water Protection District, Three Arch Bay Community Services District, Trabuco Canyon Water District, Tustin, Tustin Unified School District, Villa Park, Westminster, Westminster School District, Yorba Linda, Yorba Linda Water District | Tagged: Adam Nick, Al Jabaar, Al Mijares, Al Murray, Al Salehi, Al Shkoler, Alan Anderson, Alexa Deligianni, Alexander A. Ethans, Alfred A. Coletta, Alisa Cutchen, Allan Bernstein, Allan P. Krippner, Amy Hanacek, Amy Walsh, Anastasia Shackelford, Andrew Blount, Andrew Nguyen, Andy Montoya, Andy Quach, Angelica Amezcua, Anna Bryson, Anna L. Piercy, Annemarie Randle-Trejo, Anthony Petros, Arianna Barrios, Arlene Schafer, Art Brown, Art Perry, Audrey Yamagata Noji, Bao Quoc Nguyen, Barbara Dunsheath, Barbara J. Clendineng, Barbara Kogerman, Barbara L. Kilponen, Barbara Michel, Barbara Quintana, Bert Hack, Beth Krom, Beth Swift, Betsy Jenkins, Betty Escobosa, Betty H. Olson, Beverly Berryman, Bill Brough, Bill Hall, Bill Hinz, Bill Jay, Bill Kahlert, Bob Baker, Bob Gardner, Bob Harden, Bob Moore, Bob Whalen, Bonnie P. Castrey, Brad McGirr, Brad Reese, Brandon Jones, Brett Murdock, Brett R. Barbre, Brian Chambers, Brian Donahue, Brian Nakamura, Brian O'Neal, Brian Rechsteiner, Brian S. Probolsky, Bridget Kaub, Bruce Broadwater, Bruce Whitaker, Candi Kern, Carlos Olvera, Carmen Cave, Carol Downey, Carol Gamble, Carol Sundman, Carol Warren, Carrie Buck, Cathy Green, Cathy Schlict, Cecilia Iglesias, Celia Jaffe, Chad Wanke, Chalynn Peterson, Charles Gibson, Charley Wilson, Cheryl Brothers, Chris Brown, Chris Hamm, Chris Phan, Chris Thompson, Christina Shea, Christine Marick, Chuck Puckett, Claudia Alvarez, Cliff E. Breddon Jr., Connie Boardman, Constance Underhill, Craig Green, Craig Young, Cynthia Conners, Dana Black, Darin Barber, Dave Leckness, Dave Sullivan, David A. Boyer, David B. Lang, David Benavides, David Boyd, David Bridgewaters, David Brooks, David Giese, David Grant, David Gutierrez, David John Shawver, David W. Sloan, Dean Grose, Debbie Cotton, Deborah Pauly, Denis Bilodeau, Denis R. Bilodeau, Dennis Salts, Dennis Walsh, Derek Reeve, Diana Carey, Diana Fascenelli, Diana Hill, Diane Singer, Dick Dietmier, Dina Nguyen, Dolores Winchell, Don Sedgwick, Donald Froelich, Donald Karich, Donna Miller, Dore Gilbert, Doug Bailey, Doug Chaffee, Doug Davert, Douglas J Reinhart, Duane Dishno, Dwight Robinson, Edward A. Erdtsieck, Edward D. Selich, Elizabeth Gapp, Elizabeth Minter, Elizabeth Parker, Elizabeth Pearson, Ellen Addonizio, Ellery Deaton, Eric Padget, Esther H. Wallace, Ethan Temianka, Francine Pace Scinto, Frank Bryant, Frank Cobo, Frank Ury, Fred Bockmiller, Fred Smith, Fred W. Schambeck, Fred Whitaker, G. Henry Charoen, Gail Eastman, Gail Lyons, Gary A. Miller, Gary Kurtz, Gary Melton, Gary Monahan, Gary Pritchard, Gary Rubel, Gavin Huntley-Fenner, Gayle Carline, Gayle Mueller Winnen, Gene Hernandez, George West, Gerard Goedhart, Gerri Lee Graham-Mejia, Gina Clayton, Ginny Aitkens, Glenn Acosta Ed Mandich, Glenn Parker, Gordon A. Shanks, Graham Hoad, Greg Bates, Greg Mills, Greg Sebourn, Gregory F. Griffin, Helen Lee, Helen Walker, Hilda Sugarman, Ian Collins, Irv Trinkle, J. Scott Schoeffel, Jack Bedell, James "Jim" Gomez, James Atkinson, James H. Laird, James Vanderbilt, James Wright, Jamison Power, Jan Flory, Jan Vickers, Janet Nguyen, Janny Meyer, Jeanne Galindo, Jeff Cole, Jeff Lalloway, Jeff Thomas, Jeffrey Barke, Jeffrey P. Brown, Jeffrey T. Rips, Jennifer Fitzgerald, Jennifer McGrath, Jerard B. Werner, Jeremy B. Yamaguchi, Jerry L Haight C.L. Larry Pharris Jr., Jerry McCloskey, Jerry Patterson, Jerry Slusiewicz, Jesse Petrilla, Jill Hardy, Jim Bell, Jim Evert, Jim Ferryman, Jim Fisler, Jim Haselton, Jim Katapodis, Jim Moreno, Jim Reardon, Jim Righeimer, Jimmy Templin, Joan C. Finnegan, Joan Flynn, Joanne Baade, Joe Aguirre, Joe Carchio, Joe Rollino, Joe Shaw, Joel Rattner, John A. McDermott II, John Alpay, John Anderson, John B. Withers, John Briscoe, John Collins, John Dobson, John Dulebohn, John Hanna, John J. Collins, John Marconi, John Moorlach, John Nielsen, John Ortega, John Ortiz, John Palacio, John Taylor, John Woods, Jonathan W. Abelove, Jordan Brandman, Jose F. Moreno, Jose Hernandez, Jose Solorio, Jose Vergara, Joy L. Neugebauer, Judi Carmona, Judith A. Franco Walt Davenport, Judith Edwards, Karen Russell, Karen Yelsey, Karin M. Freeman, Katherine Smith, Kathryn L. Barr, Kathryn McCullogh, Kathy Iverson, Kathy Moffat, Katrina Foley, Keith D. Curry, Kelly H. Boyd, Ken Williams, Keri Ueberroth, Ketta Brown, Kevin Hobby, Kirk E. Bell, Kris Beard, Kris Murray, L. Carole Jensen, Lan Quoc Nguyen, Larry Agran, Larry D. Dick, Larry Kramer, Larry McKenney, Larry R. Lizotte, Laura Parisi, Lauren Brooks, Laurie Davies, Lawrence R. Labrado, Leonard L. Lahtinen, Leroy Mills, Leslie Daigle, Linda Habermehl, Linda Lindholm, Linda Navarro/Edwards, Linda Paulsen-Reed, Linda R. Weinstock, Lisa A. Bartlett, Lisa Collins, Lisa Jordan, Lisette Chel-Walker, Liz Steves, Lori Donchak, Lorraine Prinsky, Lucille Kring, Lynn Hatton, Lynn R. Davis, Lynn Thornley, Manny Ontiveros, Marcia Milchiker, Margie L. Rice, Margie Rice, Mariellen Yarc, Marilyn Buchi, Mark D. Wayland, Mark McCurdy, Mark Murphy, Mark Schwing, Mark Taylor, Martha Fluor, Marty Simonoff, Mary Aileen Matheis, Mary Fuhrman, Mary Hornbuckle, Mary Mangold, Mary Murphy, Matt Disston, Matt Harper, Meg Cutuli, Megan Harding, Melody Carruth, Michael Condiff, Michael F. Henn, Michael Farrell, Michael H. Simons, Michael J. Beverage, Michael Levitt, Michael Matsuda, Michael Maynard, Michael Parham, Michael Vo, Michele Martinez, Miguel Pulido, Mike Alvarez, Mike Blazey, Mike Munzing, Mike Safranski, Mike Scheafer, Miller Oh, Milton W. Robbins, Molly McClanahan, Nancy Gardner, Nancy Padberg, Nathan Zug, Nelida Yanez, Noel Hatch, Nora Straight, Pat Bates, Patricia "Trish" Kelley, Patricia Ganer, Patrick Melia, Patrick Ochoa, Paul Bokota, Peer A. Swan, Peter Herzog, Peter Kim, Phil Hawkins, Philip L. Anthony, Phillip B. Tsunoda, Phillip E. Yarbrough, Prakash Narain, Randal Bressette, Rebecca Gomez, Rhoads Martin, Rhonda Reardon, Ric Collett Jon H. Regnier, Richard B. Bell, Richard Barnett, Richard DeVecchio, Richard E. Barrett, Richard Freschi, Richard Murphy, Richard Runge, Richard S. Fiore, Rick Erkeneff, Rick Kiley, Rick Ledesma, Rigoberto Ramirez, Rob Johnson, Rob Richardson, Robert "Bob" Ring, Robert A. Singer, Robert Hammond, Robert Hendler, Robert Ming, Robert N. Hathaway, Robert Ooten, Rodney Todd, Roger C. Yoh, Roger Faubel, Roman Reyna, Ron Joseph Garcia, Ron Shepston, Ronald Casey, Rose Espinoza, Rosemary Saylor, Ross Chun, Roy Byrnes, Roy Moore, Rush Hill, Sal Tinajero, Sam Allevato, Samuel Van Hamblen, Sandi Baltes, Sandra Crandall, Sandra Hutchens, Sandra Jacobs, Sandy Blumberg, sandy genis, Scott Colton, Scott Goldman, Scott O Davis, Scott Voigts, Scott William Nelson, Sergio Contreras, Shari Freidenrich, Shari Kowalke, Sharon H. Brown, Sharon Wallin, Shawn Dewane, Shawn Nelson, Stephen R. Sheldon, Steve Baric, Steve Berry, Steve Blount, Steve Dicterow, Steve Harris, Steve Hwangbo, Steve Jones, Steve Mensinger, Steve Nagel, Steve Shanahan, Steven Choi, Steven E. LaMar, Steven H. Weinberg, Susan Henry, Susan Hinman, Suzie Swartz, Tammie K. Bullard, Ted F. Martin, Teresa Hampson, Theresa O'Hare, Thomas Prendergrast, Tim Brown, Tim Jemal, Tim Shaw, Tim Surridge, Tita Smith, Todd Spitzer, Tom Beamish, Tom Lindsey, Tom Smisek, Tom Tait, Tony Beall, Tony Iseman, Tony Rackauckas, Tracy L. Pellman, Tri Ta, Troy Edgar, Tyler M. Diep, Valeri Peters Wagner, Van Jew, Victor J. Kriss, Vince Sarmiento, Warren Kusumoto, Wayne A. Clark, Wayne Osborne, Wayne Rayfield, Webster Guillory, Wendy Leece, William "Bill" Phillips, William Brutton, William C. Poe, William H. Kahn, William Landsiedel, William R. Hart, William VanderWerff, Woody Rickerl | 5 Comments »
Posted by Chris Nguyen on December 17, 2012
There were a lot of vacancies this year. Three countywide posts and one school board seat remain vacant. All salaries noted below are base pay.
Four of Orange County’s eight countywide posts went vacant during 2012.
- Orange County Clerk-Recorder: Tom Daly (D) vacated the seat this month to become the 69th District’s State Assemblyman. Numerous candidates have either expressed interest behind the scenes or are rumored to be interested; none have made public statements. The job pays $139,256.40 (that extra 40 cents won’t even get you enough postage to send a letter). Apply online here by January 15.
- Orange County Auditor-Controller: David Sundstrom (R) vacated the seat in January to become Sonoma County Auditor-Controller-Treasurer-Tax Collector (yes, that really is a single office in Sonoma County). The job pays $173,097.60 per year (that 60 cents is crucial). Apply online here by January 15.
- Orange County Public Administrator: John Williams (R) resigned in January or February depending on how you interpret his resignation, un-resignation, and re-resignation saga. Former Assemblyman Ken Lopez-Maddox (R), who is also a former Garden Grove Councilman and former Capistrano Unified School District Board Member, is the first to publicly throw his hat in the ring. (12/19 Update:The previous sentence was ambiguously worded, so to clarify, Lopez-Maddox is running for the seat in the regularly scheduled June 2014 election but has not indicated if he will apply for the appointment.) The job pays $30,000 per year (but the Board of Supervisors frequently consolidates it with the more lucrative appointed post of Public Guardian). Apply online here by January 15.
- Orange County Superintendent of Schools: Bill Habermehl (R) vacated the seat in June, deciding it was time for him to retire. Seven of the eight countywide posts are filled by the County Board of Supervisors when there’s a vacancy. This is the eighth post, and the County Board of Education appointed Al Mijares (R) to fill the seat. The job pays $287,500 per year.
Many people have argued Clerk-Recorder, Auditor-Controller, Public Administrator, and various other County posts should be appointed by the Board of Supervisors instead of elected positions. Good luck with that. Just six months ago, 60.5% of Orange County voters rejected making Public Administrator an appointed position.
They move with great speed to fill Council vacancies in Little Saigon.
- Garden Grove City Council: Bruce Broadwater (D) vacated the seat this month to become Mayor of Garden Grove. Minutes after Broadwater became Mayor, the Council held the vote to fill his newly-vacated Council seat. New Councilman Chris Phan moved to nominate the November election’s 3rd place finisher, Phat Bui, but he failed to get a second on his nomination. Councilwoman Dina Nguyen (R) moved and Councilman Steve Jones (R) seconded the nomination of defeated Councilman Kris Beard (D), who came in 4th in the election, and the Council voted unanimously to appoint Beard to the seat. Beard was out of office for mere minutes. The job pays $8,093 per year.
- Westminster City Council: Tri Ta (R) vacated the seat this month to become Mayor of Westminster. In stunningly rapid fashion, the Westminster City Council left his seat vacant for mere minutes before appointing Margie Rice (R) after Ta replaced Rice as Mayor. In other words, Ta and Rice simply swapped seats. The jobs pays $10,206 per year.
The County’s smaller cities took a little more time.
- Stanton City Council: Councilman Ed Royce, Sr. (R) vacated his seat for health reasons in February. Rigoberto Ramirez (R) was appointed to fill the seat in March. Ramirez is up for election to a four-year term in 2014. The job pays $10,200 per year.
- Villa Park City Council: Councilman Bob Fauteux (R) passed away in February. Rick Barnett (R) was appointed to fill the seat in March and won election to a four-year term in November with no opponents. The job pays nothing.
For the second time this year, the Anaheim Union High School District Board is filling a vacancy.
- Anaheim Union High School District Board (February): Earlier this year in February, Jan Harp Domene (D) passed away unexpectedly at the age of 60. The board appointed Annemarie Randle-Trejo on a 3-1 vote in April. OC Political covered this process.
- Anaheim Union High School District Board (December): Jordan Brandman (D) vacated the seat this month to become an Anaheim City Councilman. The board will fill his seat early next year. The job pays $9,731.52.
Brandman originally won his AUHSD seat in a February 2008 special election after a petition overturned the appointment of Harald Martin (R), who was selected by the Board to fill the seat left vacant due to the unexpected passing of Denise Mansfield-Reinking (R) in May 2007.
The AUHSD board is on its third vacancy in six years.
- Municipal Water District of Orange County, Division 3: Director Ed Royce, Sr. (R) vacated his seat for health reasons in February. Wayne Osborne (R) was appointed to fill the seat in March and won election to a four-year term in a four-way race in November. The job pays $26,594 per year.
Posted in 69th Assembly District, Anaheim, Anaheim Union High School District, Capistrano Unified School District, Garden Grove, Municipal Water District of Orange County, Orange County, Orange County Board of Education, Orange County Board of Supervisors, Stanton, Villa Park | Tagged: Al Mijares, Annemarie Randle-Trejo, Bill Habermehl, Bob Fauteux, Bruce Broadwater, Chris Phan, David Sundstrom, Denise Mansfield-Reinking, Dina Nguyen, Ed Royce Sr., Harald Martin, Jan Harp Domene, John Williams, Jordan Brandman, Ken Lopez-Maddox, Kris Beard, Margie Rice, Phat Bui, Richard Barnett, Rick Barnett, Rigoberto Ramirez, Steve Jones, Tom Daly, Tri Ta, Wayne Osborne | 3 Comments »
Posted by Chris Nguyen on November 20, 2012
The New Republican Irvine City Council Majority:
Councilman Jeff Lalloway, Councilwoman-Elect Christina Shea, and Mayor-Elect Steven Choi
Since 2004, Republicans have held a 4-2 advantage among Orange County’s directly-elected mayors:
- Anaheim: Tom Tait (since 2010), Curt Pringle (2002-2010)
- Garden Grove: Bill Dalton (2004-2012)
- Orange: Carolyn Cavecche (2006-2012), Mark Murphy (2000-2006)
- Westminster: Margie Rice (Republican 2004-2012; Democrat 2000-2004)
The two Democrats were:
- Irvine: Sukhee Kang (2008-2012), Beth Krom (2004-2008)
- Santa Ana: Miguel Pulido (since 1994)
Anaheim’s Tait has Orange County’s only four-year mayoral seat, so he was not up for election this year. Major changes were in store with three mayors termed out (Garden Grove’s Dalton, Irvine’s Kang, and Orange’s Cavecche) and one mayor voluntarily retiring (Westminster’s Rice), leaving only Santa Ana’s Pulido seeking re-election this year.
While Steven Choi captured the Irvine mayoral seat for the Republicans, Bruce Broadwater of Garden Grove and Tita Smith of Orange captured their respective mayor’s posts for the Democrats.
The Republicans are:
- Anaheim: Tom Tait (term limit: 2018)
- Irvine: Steven Choi (term limit: 2016)
- Westminster: Tri Ta (no term limit)
The Democrats are:
- Garden Grove: Bruce Broadwater (term limit: 2020)
- Orange: Tita Smith (term limit: 2018)
- Santa Ana: Miguel Pulido (term limit: 2020)
It could be worse though, like the 2000-2002 line-up of directly-elected mayors, which had Orange’s Mark Murphy as the sole Republican:
- Anaheim: Tom Daly (1992-2002)
- Garden Grove: Bruce Broadwater (1994-2004)
- Irvine: Larry Agran (2000-2004)
- Orange: Mark Murphy (2000-2006)
- Santa Ana: Miguel Pulido (since 1994)
- Westminster: Margie Rice (2000-2004 as a Democrat; 2004-2012 as a Republican)
An odd sidenote about 2012: in an election that saw Asian Americans vote 3-1 for Barack Obama, Orange County’s Asian American directly-elected mayors went from consisting of one Democrat (Kang) to consisting of two Republicans (Choi and Ta).
While Cavecche was replaced by Smith in Orange, women lost ground as Rice was replaced by Ta in Westminster.
Anaheim, Garden Grove, and Santa Ana have eight-year term limits (two four-year terms in Anaheim and four two-year terms in Garden Grove and Santa Ana). Orange has a six-year term limit (three two-year terms). Irvine has a four-year term limit (two two-year terms). Westminster has no term limits (two-year terms).
Santa Ana’s mayoral term limit is the newest, having been adopted this month. Irvine’s mayoral term limit is the oldest, taking effect in 1991.
Anaheim has the toughest term limit on Councilmembers who want to be Mayor. A first-term Councilmember running for Mayor may only serve one mayoral term. A second-term Councilmember may not run for Mayor.
Excluding Westminster’s non-limit, Garden Grove and Irvine have the most generous term limit for Councilmembers who want to be Mayor. In both of those cities, when Councilmembers term out, they can run for Mayor, and when they term out as Mayor, they can run for Council, in a never-ending merry-go-round.
After the 2012 election, the mayoral median age is 60.5 with a mean age is 59.3:
- Garden Grove: Bruce Broadwater (74)
- Irvine: Steven Choi (68)
- Orange: Tita Smith (65)
- Santa Ana: Miguel Pulido (56)
- Anaheim: Tom Tait (54)
- Westminster: Tri Ta (39)
Before the 2012 election, the mayoral median age was 58 with a mean age of 62.3:
- Westminster: Margie Rice (83)
- Garden Grove: Bill Dalton (69)
- Irvine: Sukhee Kang (60)
- Santa Ana: Miguel Pulido (56)
- Anaheim: Tom Tait (54)
- Orange: Carolyn Cavecche (52)
The biggest age change was in Westminster, where Margie Rice was replaced by Tri Ta, who is 44 years younger than her. The smallest age change (excluding Tait and Pulido, for obvious reasons) was in Garden Grove, where Bill Dalton was replaced by Bruce Broadwater, who is 5 years older than him.
While Westminster had a dramatic age decrease for mayor, Garden Grove, Irvine, and Orange all had age increases for mayor.
The Democrat median and mean ages both increased from 58 to 65.
The Republican median age decreased from 61.5 to 54 while the Republican mean age decreased from 64.5 to 53.7.
Posted in Anaheim, Garden Grove, Irvine, Orange, Santa Ana, Westminster | Tagged: Beth Krom, Bill Dalton, Bruce Broadwater, Carolyn Cavecche, Curt Pringle, Larry Agran, Margie Rice, Mark A. Murphy, Miguel Pulido, Steven S. Choi, Sukhee Kang, term limits, Tita Smith, Tom Daly, Tom Tait, Tri Ta | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Newsletter Reprint on September 28, 2012
This came over the wire from the Troy Edgar for Assembly campaign…
Every Mayor in AD 72 Endorses Edgar
Bi-partisan consensus to elect Edgar to State Assembly
ORANGE COUNTY – Los Alamitos Mayor Troy Edgar and leading candidate for the 72nd Assembly District announces the endorsement of every Mayor in every City within the new 72nd Assembly District.
“It is an honor to have earned the support of my peers in the District. Many of my fellow mayors have worked with me for years and they know that I will strive for the benefit of the local community,” said Edgar.
“As a veteran, I understand the importance of teamwork and finding colleagues who have your back and know that you will have theirs as well. I am humbled that Fountain Valley Mayor John Collins, Garden Grove Mayor Bill Dalton, Huntington Beach Mayor Don Hansen, Santa Ana Mayor Miguel Pulido, Seal Beach Mayor Mike Levitt, and Westminster Mayor Margie Rice have all publically stated they have my back in the 72nd Assembly District,” Edgar added.
In addition to these local endorsements, Edgar has the support of every Republican member of the State Senate and the State Assembly representing Orange County in Sacramento.
Edgar is also endorsed and supported by the Howard Jarvis Taxpayer’s Association, the Orange County Taxpayer’s Association, the Orange County Family PAC, the Orange County Business Council, the California Small Business Association, the California Women’s Leadership Association and the California Republican Assembly.
Troy Edgar is a husband and father of three sons, a homeowner, Navy veteran, owns and operates two businesses, and is serving his second term as Mayor of Los Alamitos. Edgar is also a regionally recognized leader as evidenced by his election as the Chairman of the Orange County Sanitation District. Troy and his wife Betty – a school teacher – live in Los Alamitos.
# # #
Posted in 72nd Assembly District, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Westminster | Tagged: Bill Dalton, Don Hansen, John Collins, Margie Rice, Miguel Pulido, Mike Levitt, Troy Edgar | 4 Comments »
Posted by Newsletter Reprint on February 1, 2012
This came across the wire yesterday from the Matt Harper for Assembly campaign.
Mayors From Four Largest Cities In AD 72 Make Matthew Harper Their Choice For Assembly
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – Small businessman, Republican candidate for Assembly, Matthew Harper reported receiving the endorsements of four Mayors in the newly-drawn 72nd Assembly District. Mayors Don Hansen (Huntington Beach), Margie Rice (Westminster), Bill Dalton (Garden Grove) and John Collins (Fountain Valley) all publicly endorsed Matthew Harper for State Assembly. Collectively the cities these mayors represent add up to more than two thirds of the voters of the 72nd Assembly District. Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in 72nd Assembly District | Tagged: Bill Dalton, Don Hansen, John Collins, Margie Rice, Matt Harper, Truong Diep | Leave a Comment »