OC GOP Endorsements Committee Meets for Late Endorsement Recommendations
Posted by Chris Nguyen on October 1, 2012
The OC GOP Central Committee confirmed a set of early endorsements in August and regular endorsements in September. Here are those endorsements, so far.
Tonight, the OC GOP Endorsements Committee meets to make recommendations to the OC GOP Central Committee for late endorsements to be made at the October 15 OC GOP Central Committee meeting.
Up for consideration are:
- Sam Allevato – San Juan Capistrano City Council
- Ginny Kerr – San Juan Capistrano City Council
- Kim McCarthy – San Juan Capistrano City Council
- Roy L. Byrnes – San Juan Capistrano City Council
- Jerry McCloskey – Laguna Niguel City Council
- Jim Dahl – San Clemente City Council
- Eric Bever – Mesa Consolidated Water District, Division 1
- Jeffery Thomas – Municipal Water District of Orange County, Division 6
- John Briscoe – Huntington Beach Union High School District, Full Term
These late endorsements were either because the candidates submitted late applications or the decision was delayed by either the Central Committee or the Endorsements Committee (Allevato, Kerr, and Dahl were delayed while the rest were late applications).
Again, all of the recommendations of the Endorsements Committee must be ratified by the Central Committee on October 15. (The Central Committee can and does overturn recommendations from the Endorsements Committee.)